Superstitions

Do you hold any superstitions? I don't mean picking up pennies and avoiding black cats, this is a design blog after all! While going through some photos I took in the Metropolitan Museum of Art earlier this year, I noticed that these wall lights had the candle wicks left unburnt. I've always been taught that tapers should be charred before being left in a candlestick; not sure why, but I've always followed this rule. I know it comes from some unknown superstition but I can't seem to find what would happen if I didn't burn them! Do you follow this practice?
These rococo wall lights are manufactored by the Royal Porcelain Factory in Berlin in the 1760s.
You have read this articleChina of the week / Interiors / museums with the title Superstitions. You can bookmark this page URL http://harrisoncoltoncadman.blogspot.com/2011/05/superstitions.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Comments "Superstitions"

Post a Comment